RE: Cass county waltz

did i see some of that Landreth behind the slide tricks...

Indeed Anders I completely nicked that technique from Sonny Landreth, watching him a few years back from the photographers pit supporting John Hiatt with his band the Goners, the light bulb went off when I saw him use this technique. My Tele is set up with slightly lighter than ideal strings tuned to E major which is why you hear a bit too much clank, heavier strings the better.  its definitely a finesse technique, playing on the wild side as he describes, playing behind the bar. With all due respect to Derek Trucks who is just as amazing in his own right, Sonny is the gold standard for me amongst non lap steel slide guitar players, a real innovator, with the juiciest , richest tone, so sensual and deep.
 Bill