My version of O Holy Night

Hey everyone!

I've been meaning to record a holiday/Christmas song for several years, but I finally had some time to do it! I used to sing in various a cappella and barbershop groups, where we did really powerful versions of O Holy Night. I'm a looper at heart, but sometimes, other recordings come out that aren't heavily loop based (although I do my recordings in Ableton, and the bassline/rhythm is looped).

My rendition of that holiday classic has a bit more 'flavour' to it (although I still want to do a really vocal heavy version!), with some salsa/latin/reggae sounds in there. I grew up in South America, so it's about time that those influences poked their heads out. It's a home recording, but still a good enough recording to play for the family at Christmas dinner!

You can listen to it on my website www.jeanpaulderoover.com, where you can also download it for free.

Happy holidays to all my fellow loopers!

--
Jean-Paul De Roover
www.jeanpaulderoover.com