Re: Comparing 2 items of control.

If you have a computer in your rig you won't need The Missing Link
because Hexler now offers (quote):

"TouchOSC Bridge is a standalone tool application for Windows and Mac
OS X that relays MIDI messages sent from TouchOSC to any MIDI capable
application on your computer and vice versa. TouchOSC version 1.8 or
higher is required to use this application."

I use the Gordius Control Center for Mac OS X and of course it is very
well designed. What else would you expect from Xavier? :-)  I checked
how many MIDI events you can make one switch send out (instantly) but
after passing 50 I stopped counting. Maybe there is 128, maybe there
are thousands.... I suggest you post your more advanced questions to
the Gordius User's list, http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GORDIUS/
 Myself I just use the Gordius to send out simple events and then I
program more advanced stuff as control MIDI files or Mobius scripts to
be triggered.

As for "pros and cons" I would say that it comes down to what you want
to use your hands for when performing. Myself I like to play
instruments so the Gordius serves me best (as it is foot controlled
and frees up hands for playing). I think the iPad is good too, but for
performing it is not an option for me since it occupies both your eyes
and your hands (body parts that should serve the audience and
instruments when on stage IMHO). Staring into a screen on stage is
sending a sort of stupid message that I rather leave for other artists
to develop. Nevertheless I'm planning on finding a way to attach an
iPhone to my Stick in order to not always having to bring the Gordius.
It really is more about the music than about the gear.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen