LP-2 arrived today

I got it at work, so I won't have a chance to try it out until later.

Some first impressions:
--It's about the same size, but only about 2/3 the weight of a DL-4.
Light is important in my rig these days. However, it also looks and
feels very sturdy.
--The switches are much quieter than the DL-4. It would be easy to
operate this pedal by hand.
--The power source is NOT included. According to the instructions, I
need a "9v negative-center pedal power supply which is commonly used
by many music pedals." Or a 9v battery.
--There is an input for an expression pedal, which controls feedback.
This is not mentioned in the instructions.
--According to the instructions, an SD storage card is required to use
the device. On my device, the cards must be inserted upside down.
--The maximum loop time is not mentioned in the instructions. I
imagine it depends on the SD card, and I've heard it's well over 1
minute at regular speed.
--The instructions are pretty minimal, and they don't include a
description of what the different effects are.
--There are 16 effects, which are activated by 2 effects switches - 8
per switch. (This much is apparent from the photo on the website.)
Assigning the effects to the footswitch appears complicated enough
that I probably won't be doing it during a performance. To do so, you
have to enter Configuration mode, which involves either pressing a
tiny button on the back of the unit, or holding the RECORD button when
in PLAY mode.
--There is also a nice "Setup Mode", in which the effects LEDs work as
a sound level meter, so you can adjust the input level. There are 3
different levels of input gain, plus a trim knob

Hopefully I'll get a chance to start using it this weekend. I've been
looking forward to this for a while.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com