Re: Neuroscientist debunks the myth of musical instinct

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/02/a-neuroscientist-debunks-the-myth-of-musical-instinct/253125/
>

> Interesting and thought provoking........not sure whether I agree or not
> but
> it
> sure raises a lot of questions.

Thanks, that was interesting! My own experience is that learning
becomes easier the older you get. But it only works if you're leading
a learning life in general. And it's not because you become "smarter"
with age but because your brain can make more synapse associations for
each new step. Instead of drawing a totally new knowledge map in there
the older brain just goes
"ok-been-there-done-that-been-there-as-well... DANG!!!! Ah, that's new
so let's connect here, here and here". It hooks up new stuff to old
experience, but a little bit differently this time.  Just my personal
theory.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com