Re: LG Victory Dance, and A Question

hi Phil,

:-) congrats
....so just loop and forget this question

it's *possible* to program the LG's LEDs to do what you want,
in the latest hardware/firmware version.

Indeed someone on the LG list implemented something along those lines
for a much simpler looper in order to have an led on during record

Xavier suggested:
******************************

Again for the same example, the Play stompbox could contain an
ActivateEffect message which switches the Record stompbox off. The result
is the same as solution above, except that the Record switch is now a
stomp with steady on/off LED, instead of a momentary with blinking/off LED.
*******************************

...but that's a fix for a much simpler problem

...and you're basically on a loser if you ever want to use more than one
loop.

Copying the logic of the edp into the LG could conceivably work, as the LG
has conditional statements and variables.

...but as the edp's buttons are multifunction, and as the overdub state is
one of the things that's saved with each individual loop, that's a whole lot of programming.

I just use momentaries.

andy

Phil Clevenger wrote:
Well after a long day of farking about, I've finally managed to replicate
the entirety of my EDP's footswitch functionality within my recently
acquired  Gordius LG, with long/short press behaviors and all... I'm giddy
with victory now :)

But one thing more would be the icing on the cake :
Does anyone know how to get the LEDs to behave such that the light is ON
when recording or overdubbing, for instance, and OFF when no longer doing
so? Current behavior is that the light goes on when I press a button of
any kind, then goes off only when I press another button. In effect it
tells me what the last button used was. I've mucked about with the LED
settings, two-state stuff, stompbox stuff, and the Gordius LED control
commands, to no avail...

Phil :)