Re: Keeping your sets interesting

I did live gigs with this artist, Petri Seppä,
he draw with ink - real ink from a bottle with suitable pen to it - so there was this
sense of danger in the air. :-D

This was then projected live on a screen behind us. I reacted to his drawing and vice versa.
In one seminar that was about mixing audio with visual, pariticipants told us
it was almost hypnotical to watch this combination of hand-made art and sound.
So what I'm saying, I like the idea of visualising sound - but I like when it is done in old-fashion,
with manual live interaction, not with software turning audio into graphics.

That kind of things really add something to but its really heavy on the performers,
playing 20 cover songs in a cover band just doesnt have that alertness and dedication
that live improvisation has :-D

-Petri-