Re: Secret Identities

LOL - I love Burial''s music and didn't even know the guy has a secret
identity! His stuff is pretty unique, pouring soul into sample audio
editing like no one else. But I'm notoriously bad at "reading up on
artists". Back when Vinyl and CD was the dominating format for hearing
new music I even cared for NOT reading the covers information because
I wanted to listen to the music first. Then I often forgot to get back
to read on the covers ;-) Another funny example: When David Bowies
first albums were released I never listened to them in the record
stores because I assumed that a person that agrees to being
photographed on a record cover in those clothes, hair cut and make-up
would probably not make interesting music. My logic was that
interesting music would not need that extra promotion. Since I knew no
people that listened Bowie that could recommend his music and since
there wasn't anything of that on the radio it took many years until I
by some accident happened to hear Bowies music, and that of course
changed everything. Funny how we could get along in a world without
internet and boil-over chatting 24/24. Everything is so much better
now!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com