Re: Echoloop VST MIDI controller

Christopher,

It was both, plus another hour or two of fiddling about with the LG to get
the commands from there to the plugin.

Ricky's template is a self-running demo. Click the 'Play" button in the
clip in the first track. Then look at the piano roll for that clip - it's
an ascending scale, one note per beat. In that track's "MIDI To" section,
it shoudl be routing to "2-Audio" and from there to Echoloop (which is
placed in the 2-Audio track). If it is not that way already, make it so.

So with the clip in Track 1 playing, scoot over to track 2 and open
Echoloop's interface. WIth or without audio, you should see that Echoloop
is going nuts, doing one thing after another, as the first track sends the
notes.

Per's advice helped when I got home and wanted to send MIDI commands from
my LG rather than that MIDI clip. I reflexively assumed I needed to set up
the LG as the "MIDI From" source, but Per specified that this needs to be
the audio interface... so when I changed that prefs setup and the track
settings to be listening to my MOTU audio interface, then stuff started
happening :)

Finally, I needed to mess around with the commands, and found that Note On
and Note Off for each command seemed to mostly do the job.

I am still wrestling with getting loops in Echoloop to synch well with the
Ableton host DAW, for some reason that is still evading me. Plugin is set
for 'HOST" sync but  loops still seem to be all over the place. WIll get
it figured out eventually :)

Hope that helps Christopher.

Phil :)