Re: Unreliable Midi

I have not used Windows since XP but I happen to remember that exactly
what you are describing is known as an IRQ Conflict. Not saying that
this still exists on Vista but you can research it and find out. With
XP I had to reinstall the system because there was no other way to
control which hardware the limited number of IRQ numbers should be
distributed among. The user profile you are describing was the best
way of getting oneself into the IRQ Conflict zone - i.e. plugging many
different devices in and out.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com