Re: Finally made that $100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Ed Durbrow <edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp>
wrote:
> Seriously?! Wow! I won't be able to try this out in Logic until I get
> back
> to Japan (since I only have access to a lowly G3 iBook here in America),
> but
> can you tell me more? Where do you set the tuning temperament?

Hi Ed,

It is at:
"Settings / Tuning"

> And, most
> importantly, is it possible to change the reference pitch somewhere in
> the
> sequence?

No. I wish that was possible too! For now the only way to combine
different fixed tunings in separate parts of the same piece is to mix
down the parts (of unique tunings) to audio and glue those audio files
together before mastering the piece.

> What I would like to do is use some kind of mean tone temperament
> for certain parts of a composition, but either go back to equal
> temperament
> or change the reference pitch of the mean tone on the fly it the piece
> modulates.

I sometimes use Hermode Tuning (HMT) and once got very good results
with a piano piece. Hermode Tuning is kind of semi intelligent in
Logic, meaning you first have to chose it for your song project and
then play through the full piece to let Logic perform an analyze.
After doing that some notes in the scale are subtly re-tuned depending
on what other instruments play at that particular point. In the real
world this tuning is common in choir music and string quartets (e.g.
where tunings are not physically locked as with piano and guitar).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen