Mobius Baffling Phase 3

Okay, so this is getting farther and farther afield from my having any
clue what is going on with my arrangement of Mobius.

So, tonight I decided to go back to zero and start forward with the
advice I've gotten, most notably Jeff's walk through with the nanokey.
 I booted up, checked my midi stream with Midi Monitor and confirmed
the FCB is sending Note on and off signals (I had programmed a new
bank in the FCB with ONLY Note selected).

Oh yes, I don't have a direct midi port connection with this
arrangement.  I am running the FCB Midi cable into a Behringer BCR2000
rotary controller which connects via USB.  I have the BCR set to send
incoming midi through.  Strangely enough however, the Monitor only see
data from the FCB, the BCR doesn't seem to be getting anything to the
computer.

So anyway, I started fresh in Live, created one audio track, one midi
track, dropped Mobius in the audio and directed the midi to the audio
and selected input from BCR 2000 on the midi channel.  Then I opened
the Midi Sync preferences.  At the top there are five or so slots with
control surface, input and output with BCR 2000 in each of them on one
row.  I ignored those for the most and went to the lower half of that
screen where it had midi ports track, sync and remote with the BCR as
an option then my audio interface sync port and output with the BCR.
Following Jeff's advice, I made sure ONLY sync was on for the BCR
input.  However, when I did this, Live dids not recognize the incoming
FCB via BCR signal.  If I turn on the Remote box as well, Live can
read the FCB/BCR.

So, no Remote, no communication.

Went out of live and confirmed that I can program the pedal directly
to mobius and it runs fine.

Came back to live and cleared the part of the Midi preferences with
the controller surface in and out, moved all of them to none.  Tried
to program Mobius in live again and this time was able to record(!)
but when I pressed record again, the loop stopped and disappeared.

Is it possible to run Mobius outside of live and route it to the input
of an audio track (or two).

I don't know, I'm stumped.  It requires that the remote box is checked
with Jeff says that should be off, but when it is of, I get no midi
signal.  And do I need to worry about the control surface or midi
output.

One last thing, I programmed ther FCB to be sending ONLY note
messages, nothing else was selected and yet every second press of the
note button (so two pair of on/off messages) it was throwing a control
message that had a label that seemed to change from session to
session.  Once it was mute all sound 15 (or other numbers).  Earlier I
was registering it as a portamento control.  The BCR isn't registering
any of its own button presses or dial turns in the Monitor so these
only come when the FCB is pressed.

As I said before, stumped.

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org
Video http://www.vimeo.com/user877640/videos