Re: 3 million hits with livelooping

I can understand your frustration, Mark. Especially when you work hard
at your craft and you see others (novices, amateurs) succeed with a
nominal amount of effort.

I am a certainly a proponent of demystifying technologically driven
approaches to music composition and performance, and I am glad that
these types of tools are accessible and applicable within many
people's creative process. In my experience, it tends to result in
situation whereby we develop new approaches using the tools that we
love.

As you say, there is a saturation of "live looping" artists, musicians
- amateurs and professionals but to my mind the techniques are still
all quite basic and the members of the community produce much more
exciting music. However, creativity should be encouraged IMHO, no
matter what.

I find it interesting that LD has developed its own "virtuosity meter"
- a way to measure the success of your craft based on, as you put it,
"tricks" you use. I think this happens in every type of genre and
style of music and/or music community. That is not to say that
everyone thinks this way about music. For the record, I find all that
fascinating too. After all, these types of communities are incredibly
important, not only to us musicians but to those who are developing
our tools and the approaches we adopt in practice.

Cheers to you, LD.