Re: 3 million hits with livelooping

Yes but Torben, I have read this thread and no-one has really been that critical of this guy, not me neither, I just said the song was OK. My comment was simply that the song is not Live Looped, but whats interesting about it is that its written to SOUND live looped, (as in building the rhythm up bit by bit at the start).

No one was as critical as you are now being about a genre of music that admittedly is rather prevelent on this list, as in Ambient or Noise or Soundscape. The reason for that is NOT as you suspect because we lack talent (what ever THAT is) its because many people on this list are a little older than 21, and have been looping for many many years.  So alot of us come from looping having discovered it thru Eno or Fripp, that played this kind of music in the 70s.

The list is full of people who are so addicted to looping, that the technique has become the main focus of their music, and once that occurs, one trys to push those techniques, bend new sounds out of the devices and see where that takes us. I for one was for 14 years a pretty successful professional musician (so I guess I know how to please a crowd) but now that period is over in my life, I dont have that need to be LIKED, (or POKED for that matter).
So when you bow down before the GOD of LOOP, it doesnt take long before looping your "verse chorus verse chorus break verse chorus fade out" littl ditty becomes ... well become a little too simple. If I wanna play a song, Ill probably just play it... forget the looping...

Having said that there are some on the list that push that genre of the looped song to extremes of professionalism like Reyn for example... Phew... that guys a rocket...
But sure... we can easily be a tad dismissive in the "been there done that" kind of thing... and I think a few of us have seen something like that video a few times already...

And did I mention.. It wasnt Live Looping!