Re: RC-2 to PA needs DI box?

As I understand it "line level" is not compatible with a PA, since the
PA's stage box usually has XLR jacks and that's another system with
some low voltage kept in the mic cable and then the signal is passed
by the fluctuations in this "standing cable voltage". Line level
simply sends the signal current directly, so you need a line box to
translate between the two systems. Also be aware about "instrument
level" that is a little bit different than "line level", but pretty
close. Isn't it written on the RC-2 what signal it sends? You can
always go to Rolands product page and check.  If a mixer is fronting
the PA there might be suitable inputs for the RC-2 on the mixer, but
your number one task is to find out what the RC-2 sends.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen