Re: Why Looping has been good for me.

I agree with all that an more.

I've been looping for nearly 30 years (over half my life) and it has made
me a better, more well-rounded, complete, and interesting musician (I
think). I have met people, other like-minded souls, via looping that I may
never have otherwise. Looping has broadened my horizons, helped me learn
more and faster. And, as there is no better critique of yourself than your
own image in a mirror, looping is likewise a perfectly honest and
merciless reminder of any unintended lack in technique you may have missed
along the way. Looping is a tool, and as long as you don't turn that tool
into a crutch, it is (or can be) a life changing one. It may have
originally been (for me) a replacement for playing with others. But it has
turned out, over the long run, to be the very thing that gave me
confidence to go on stage, and learn to play improvise and interact within
a group. Now I can loop, or not, or I can perform solo or in any size
group, and it has the possibility of being an equally satisfying
experience.

My 2 cents.