Re: Best/most suitable expression pedal (for Boomerang III/Novation ReMote 61)

Torben,

I do not know if this would be helpful to you or not

I use a lot of EV-5 pedals in my hybrid software/hardware set up (a dozen
to be exact).

I am aware of alternatives out there to the EV-5 but not aware of anything
that is particularly **demonstrably** better for the price.

If you want to plug multiple EV-5s (or some other sort of CV pedal) into
your MacBook via USB to control software may I suggest one of these:
<http://www.eowave.com/instruments.php?prod=53>

I've been using one for over a couple of years now and it really works
quite well.

The 4 individual ports on it can each be programed to work with a CV pedal
(like the EV-5) or a momentary switch (like a Yamaha FC5 footswitch or
anything similar).

The brand of pedal is not that important.

So you can imagine that with this you could have 2 CV pedals to control
parameters of software FX and 2 momentary switches to turn the FX on and
off or to step through a menu of FX presets, etc. (depending on how
flexible and programable your software is).

It's a pretty light weight little plastic box, simple to plug in and
operate.

It's not cheap...but it is a really good, dependable solution.

EoWave is a French company, and getting stuff shipped to the US adds to
the price.

I'm sure others here will pipe up with other ideas, but that's mine.

It works for me, and I bought one as a gift for my pal, Jeff Kaiser, who
now uses one as well.

And, Oh yes, USB powered, no batteries.

Best,

Ted Killian