Re: More flexible electronic music setup

Well honestly thats just down to spending more time playing with your synth plugins... not sure what you are using, but I really suggest the cheap stuff from Native Instruments, like things for their Kore Player, or Reactor player.. if you trawl theri site and d/l all ther free stuff, you can get quite a few good things... The thing with Kore is that every patch has 8 knobs already assigne and working (I use an Axiom 61 too) so out of the box a sound is pretty tweakable.

Personaly I prefer hardware synths for this very reason, I like to grab hold of something and turn.. NOT spending days deciding which 16 knobs out of a million to map to my keyboard buttons.

I have a few analog sequencers and thats a bit like working with loopers, as in, when you change something, youve lost the thing before... I like that, there nothing like sitting in front of a modular synth with a pile of cables round your neck...

But to fit into YOUR way of working, I think you simply need to have some "patch days".. just sitting with sounds and noises and SAVE EVERYTHING... over-write those factory patches NOW!

Mark