Re: Baryton guitar strings/tuning?

Yes Bill those are after all my two guitar preferences as well
though lately ive been in love with my 5120 Modded Gretsch,i put some TV Jones Magnatrons and the thing screams very tele twang fat bass and cutting bridge!

http://www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

From: William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2012 3:00 AM
Subject: Re: Baryton guitar strings/tuning?

> I have three baritones, a Sub-Sonic Strat

Duuude!  you have some sweat guitars!  too bad you live in the Midwest, I'd be over every weekend trying to be your BFF :-) I have a weakness for PRS guitars and gold tops and P-90's and.......
The standard PRS scale length splits the difference almost exactly between the shorter Gibson Standard scale length and the longer Fender standard scale length, thus I find them more focused in the low frequencies than a gibson with similar pickups, and  with an increased treble response, though no where near a typical fender sound unless you coil split but much more convincing in that way than a Gibson with splitters. I let a PRS hollow body get away from me.  sniff.. sniff ...tear......but the reality is, I'm a strat guy first and foremost, its a rainbow of colors and I've learn to keep them in tune and work the tremolo. Teles a close second, which is why that might be the next bari candidate and this time I will go lighter than I have before on your suggestion Per, I want more bending capability and the heavier strings mush up when adding overdrive.
Bill