Re: things not going so well at the Conference

Tyler,
Thanks for your efforts, but I can't say the outcome is very
surprising.  I can't recall a lot of interest on those threads you
started about this teleconference.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's extremely unlikely to get any
kind of large turnout from a group of busy people living in different
time zones who generally "meet" whenever they have 5 minutes to check
their emails.  A teleconference does not seem like a natural extension
to a mailing list.  For the record, I was outside planting my garden,
as I am want to do in late May or early June.

A detailed program could have made me want to participate and I would
have planned my day around the parts that interested me.  However, I
can't plan my day around hanging out with people on the telephone for
a few hours (my wife won't let me).

Sylvain