Re: STRATEGIES for REHARMONIZATION in LIVE LOOP COMPOSITION

Interesting discussion, Rick.

Chords substitution is one method for reharmonization I use.
I'm talking about tritone substitution (in a C (I) context, G7 (V) could be' substituted with D♭7+).
Another tip is to use the diminished seventh chord in place of a dominant 7th chord, or alter the chord' quality, just changing one pitch of your original chord.
You can substitute the relative major and minor of hour original chord to slight move in another harmonic context.
Another trick I use is to stress a note of the melody and take it as the root for a different harmonies context (in a D-7 context, try to stress on your melody the D note, then suddenly move the chord to a different harmonic context wich is related with the D note, like Gmaj7 or B♭maj7).

Would love to read what other approaches you guys use.

-f