Re: Re: STRATEGIES for REHARMONIZATION in LIVE LOOP COMPOSITION

Thanks for taking so much time to explain, Ed.
There's a lot to explore from all the things you mentioned.........thanks!

I am confused and have a quick question about this, particular sentence, though.

Take the circle of fifths for example, by moving tritones chromatically up
or down, you alternate between the 7th and 3rd of one chord and the 3rd
and 7th of the next chord, ad infinitum.

I understand what the circle of fifths, the interval a tritone is and I understand the concept of moving chromatically, but I don't understand what you mean when you say to move tritones chromatically in the circle of fifths.

Can you elaborate or give me a concrete example so I can try this out?

thanks, again, for everyone's advice here. I'm really learning a lot lately and it's fun to make
the old noggin' stretch!

Rick