Re: Re: STRATEGIES for REHARMONIZATION in LIVE LOOP COMPOSITION

Hi Richard,
Because I was so in love with Ashley Khan's amazing book on the making of "Kind of Blue'.......perhaps the best book I've read on music, I heard about Russels' concepts but , good god, that book is really expensive and I haven't popped for it yet.

I was in a music theory tribe at tribe.net and there was a long discussion about it and one of the musical theoreticians broke down
the concept for us.  I'll have to go look that up.

An inscrutable but what looks to be a key to a critical, subterranean highway is George Russel's "Lydian Chromatic Concept Of Tonal Organization."

*http://www.lydianchromaticconcept.com/*

It's expensive. I'm thinking in the fall when the studio and farm stuff slows down I'll put on my oxygen tanks again and make another attempt to scale its very steep, El Capitan-ish perpendicular logic.