Re: EDP beatsync and brothersync

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM, philip <philip.ojc@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if I understand this correctly, I can send a beat from the 808 to two
> EDPs, I can control them separately but they will be in sync with the
> 808?

I think "following tempo" is a better term since "sync" may also
include transport functions and that is not part of the beat sync.

> Without having all of the gear in one place, I'm trying to figure this
> out in my mind first--if I have the EDP beatsync receiving the signal
> from lets say the cowbell on the 808, should I have it set for one beat
> per measure, four, 16? Is there any setting that works better than
> others?

When used the beat pulse to make the EDP follow a multitrack recorder
I first recorded the pulse out of the EDP onto one channel of the
recorder. At the next stage I set the EDP to follow this recorded beat
pulse and it worked flawlessly! Therefore I suggest that you listen to
the EDP's beat pulse output and then use whatever sound and time
division on the 808 that sounds mostly like that.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen