Re: Found the optimal tuning/string guage (Re: Baryton guitar strings/tuning?)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> THAT got me curious!

Well, for a non-metal sound the 36" scale Stick is unbeatable. But I
also have an old Casio MG guitar (yes, the pioneer MIDI guitar) that I
keep with ultra thick strings and drop-B tuning - but what really
makes this guitar smashing for throbbing half muted metal riffing is
the DiMarzio Dual Sound pickup at the bridge position. Of course a
25.5" scale guitar with that thick strings and low tuning doesn't sing
at all (no twang) but the crushing omph factor is potent. You can hear
it here
http://erdemhelvacioglu-perboysen.bandcamp.com/track/reef-edge-race

Mark, I know you love your baritone. What strings and tuning are you
using for it?

(sorry I haven't recording any Tele Bari stuff for demo yet, but I
will do in August)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com