Re: Oomingmak question

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> has anyone come up with an Oomingmak setting that is smooth, a bit like a
> Pat-Metheny-like GR300 sound?

Not me. I'm under the impression that Oomingmak is more suited for
harscher sounds. The Matheney sound appears to be saw tooth with highs
filtered down a bit and routed through compression. Oh, and important
for the Matheny sound is also to apply a short attack slope. And the
original GR300 did not track string vibrato, vibrato was applied by
pushing a button to call in an LFO targeting pitch.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen