Re: simulated tape loops

Somewhere buried deep (and probably unfindable) in the ancient LD archives
is a conversation I once had with Duncan Goddard (of Radio Massacre
International) which began with me saying that I often prefer to record
string parts first onto 1/4" analog tape before moving it over into the
digital realm. Duncan (like myself, a huge Mellotron fan) said he's done
this for years as well. (All of which is fair game for looping either on
the way to the tape or afterwards, of course.)

Also the preponderance of "tape simulation", faux-dub, "lo-fi", hi-cut, et
cetera features to be found either in rack gear or VSTs suggests that
dirtying something up is pretty widespread.

So I think the general features of your idea are probably already quite
well-represented, although the specifics of what you do with it are always
fertile ground.

-t-

http://timothynelsonmusic.com/
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/TimNelson