West Michigan-based looping artist Lizzie Kazmierski

Hello, loopers! I wanted to tell you about this back when I signed up for
Looper's Delight, but
I had to do some mastering and uploading work that I finally got a chance
to get done. This is all about
Lizzie Kazmierski! Now, as you know by the subject, she is a looping
artist based out of West
Michigan. She started looping around 2010-2011 (about the same time I
did), but she's been good at
music composition since at least 2003. I've been working with her since
March of 2010, but I would
like to focus on her solo work (our collaborations haven't been recorded).
Very much like me, some of her
favorite looping is the studio-processed stuff found in pop music (such as
Britney Spears and
Cher), and "semi-pop" loops such as Imogen Heap. Imogen Heap is one of her
favorite
singers! Lizzie uses a Microkorg (a keyboard made by Korg that has a
built-in
vocoder). Ever since about June 2011, she has used a Braillenote Apex to
do her looping. She
released a looping piece in April 2011 where she used a Braillenote
Mpower, but the quality is
much lower. I'd share her vocoded cover of Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek
that she did in late
2010," but that isn't really appropriate for a looping site. I'm going to
share some of her original
work. Here are some recordings of Lizzie and her lovely little looping
delights.
Summer 2011: Metallic Filament
Metallic Filament is a musical piece that starts out with the sound of a
lawn mower and the sound of a
windchime. This goes for 36 seconds. After a few seconds of silence, the
piano music suddenly
comes in. A whooshing sound (originally recorded on some unidentified
tape, but got sampled
digitally) keeps looping throughout the song, making the "simulated tape
loop" effect.
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/312000/Metallic%20Filament.mp3
Fall 2011: Signals
Another great masterpiece from Lizzie, a little piece called Signals. This
song starts out with the sound
of sirens, which are loops. Multiple audio tracks of the sirens harmonize
with each other as they
loop, creating musical chords. The sirens eventually stop, and techno-type
music (generated by her
Microkorg) is heard. Preprogrammed loops of electronic drum-beats and such
are heard in
the Microkorg section.
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/312000/Signals.mp3
March 2012: Glimmers of Calligraphy
Visually impaired musicians frequently have their way of representing
visual things. Since
calligraphy is a visual thing, Lizzie has her form of what you might call
"musical
calligraphy" or "sound imaging." In Lizzie's library of over 200 sound
effects, she has
the "stonecutter sound." This sound loops throughout the piece, as her
Microkorg tracks play a very
well-written musical piece.
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/312000/Glimmers%20of%20Calligraphy.mp3
April 2011: Clouds and Dust
You may wonder why I went back to 2011 at the end; why I didn't put this
one before
Metallic Filament. Well, it's because this piece was recorded before
Lizzie got her Braillenote
Apex; she still had her Braillenote Mpower at that time, which, as you
will be able to tell, is much lower quality
as far as sound. (For your information, I haven't upgraded yet; I still
use Mpower).
http://www.fileupyours.com/view/312000/Clouds%20And%20Dust.mp3
I hope you have enjoyed this little write-up and audio experience
regarding Lizzie Kazmierski, the
looping artist that changed my life, and turned me from a generic music
person to a loop person.
If the links don't work, blame me; these are my servers.
Tyler Z