Teaching a newcomer

Dont think I've seen this posted before so i thought I'd ask, what are some ways to go about teaching a friend about live looping? I have a friend that wants to get into it however he has very little experience with any instrument to my knowledge. And my only experience is mainly from piano which I doubt he would want to take years to learn. What are some good approaches I can take to getting him started?