Re: Anyone license their music?

I recently started licensing music for media, so called "production
music", formerly known as "library music" since it was distributed on
thematic CD libraries. Today there are online forums run by
specialized publishers that order music from composers and producers
to offer media workers as a fast and convenient music solution. I
researched the marked and found that the publisher best suited for me
to work with actually was based in the city where I live, so I called
them up and popped over for a meeting. I was amazed with the exactness
in the business; there are specific templates for how you compose and
mix recorded music to be suitable for commercial placement (dealing
with length, cues and giving the end user good options to cut in your
master and use parts of it to fit in with whatever media work they are
finalizing). The requested format is the same as traditionally in film
music; master files at 48 kHz and 24 bits. Deals may vary, but the
contract I have with my publisher allows me to use one theme out of a
delivered piece in some other work.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com