Re: using mac for softsynths only - audio interface needed?

From what I've heard of mac audio you'd likely want to improve on it.
(try it first though, my experience is out of date).

Good way to do that is to run the optical digi out to a standalone D/A converter (assuming they still have those).
andy

Simeon Harris wrote:
anybody doing this? using a mac for audio out only? is an audio
interface really needed if you're just using it for softsynths, or can
you get away with using the internal audio drivers and the headphone
output? seems to me like it should be fine, but just wondering if
anybody had any thoughts on this...

thanks

sim