OT: Tangerine Dream

Good Morning All,

I was lucky enough to be in the first row at the House of Blues last Thursday for the first Tangerine Dream concert in Boston in 20 years.  A great show!  I'm writing though, because I thought you might find their setup interesting.  They're touring as a six piece - guitar, precussionist, violin/cello/theremin player, and three keyboardists, one who doubles on woodwinds.  The three keyboardists Edgar Froese, Thorsten Queschning, and Linda Spa each had a Nord synth (an older Nord Lead, a Lead 3 and a Wave, respectively) and Froese and Queschning each had a Korg Radias as well as a MIDI controller I coudln't quite see.  But they also had 2 big plasma screens on which they were running softsynths (Arturia Moog Modular, Minimoog, Massive, and a few more.  But what I found  couldn't help but note after all the recent Mac talk is that they appeared to be running the lot off Dell laptops.

Edgar is pretty much the granddaddy of live electronic performance, so it might be interesting to hear his reasoning on computer choices!

Chris