Re: Re: Remix?

On 7/11/12 4:32 PM, Matt Davignon wrote:
One of my favorite things to do is to bring a
song down to half speed, then time-compress it to its original length.
The song is totally recognizeable, but the rhythm gets noticeably
changed, due to the bits taken out.
Cool creative technique, Matt.

What software do you recommend for doing this,  Matt?

By the way, there is an amazing piece of freeware software (I think it's called
Paulstretch) for PCs that can radically stretch audio.

I love playing a string instrument arpeggio or some tuned bells and then
stretch a 20 second phrase out to 3 or 4 minutes.

It creates a beautiful, yet ever changing harmonically consonant ambient track. I wish there was something that could do this in real time, but I imagine it might be
to CPU intensive to do this in real time.

rick walker

ps  I read once that Richard James (aka Aphex Twin) was paid to do a remix
of Depeche Mode or some other famous band.........that he didn't like the song at all so he compressed it over and over until it was just a burst of noise that he used as
a backbeat and wrote his own track around it, submitting it as a 'remix'.
This cracked me up seriously.