Y2K13 International Live Looping Festival expands to 8 countries next summer: PLEASE JOIN, Fabio!!!!!

On 7/12/12 12:56 AM, F_Anile wrote:
Awesome setup, bro.  thanks for sharing it.
Now that it's ported to Mac, I can start recommending it, highly to some of my students and may even  begin using it myself (though, I"m such a dedicated hardware guy).

I look forward to hearing your new setup.   Perhaps at the Rome Live Looping Festival (the one coordinated with 8 other countries for next years huge Y2K13 International Live Looping Festival.  I've got Firenze, Milano, Berlin, Koln, possibly Munchen, London, Norwich lined up with possibles in Scandinavia as well,  and Singapore, Tokyo, Osaka and possibly Ubud, Bali, somewhere in Thailan and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia lined up as well.
It's going to be epic!!!!  I hope you will consider doing at least a small festival in Rome.  We want to coordinate to have all European festivals occur within two or possibly three weeks of each other in July so that foreign artists can afford to hit all of them in order.
   Much love,  Rick

Fabio, will Mobius save  pre-recorded loops (like drum loops) that you load in and play live as Siobahn mentioned?
I wasn't aware that it had that capability but you know it and I don't.

Yes, it's what I do nowdays.
I have "projects" file that I recall in Mobius with just 1 click and it loads the 8 tracks with all the configurations I need, plus a few prerecorded loops. That loads also volume, pan setting  and state of the tracks (mute on/off, for example).
Inside Bidule I drive the audio output of each track from mobius to a mixer and from here I can record the sum of all tracks/loops or each single track/loop/live playing in different files that later can be easily exported and mixed.

Also, it should probably be good to mention that Siobahn may have to do a clean install of the Macbook Pro to install
Mobius as, to my knowldege, one can only run it on a Windows Operating System and not Mac OSX.   That hasn't
changed has it?

Yes ! A Mac version is avalilable too.

When I looked into it last,  you actually have to do a clean install in order to set up a dual boot system on a Macbook Pro.

You will also need dedicated Midi pedals ($150 USD on upwards) and a dedicated break out box with a sound card that also has Midi I/O      ($100 upwards to $1500) to control Mobius which, itself, is free.

Surely, you need an audio interface and a midi controller.
 I think it's money well spended and today you have a lot of cheap products out of here, as the korg NANO series.
Personally, I have an RME FF400 as audio interface; a nanokontrol and an FCB1010 as MIDI controller.
Recently I've started using my old Kaoss Pad II as a midi controller too, to send midi messages to my piano, so I can get treat its sound in real time.

-f