Re: OT: Sony's SpectraLayer

> http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/spectralayerspro

Looking forward to hear what you guys think about this new app :-)
Especially if it supports the AU protocol on Mac, since that was
unclear in the web page presentation.

I did not download since I think it would be faster for me to perform
certain processing in Logic than export a file to open it in
SpectralLayers. Didn't see any new DSP functionality, but the graphics
look good. One function I need, audio CD mastering, was lacking in
this app. In the past I have done that in SoundForge on Windows and in
WaveBurner on Mac, but now since SF is Win only and WB discontinued I
have looked around for a Mac sample editor supporting audio CD
mastering and found the Italian DSP-Quattro for a fraction of the
price Sony is selling SpectralLayers for. http://www.dsp-quattro.com/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com