Vox Lil Looper Received

Hello:

I received my Lil Looper on Friday and had two opportunities to try it out. It's a solid unit - looks 'xactly like it's big brother but no _expression_ pedal. Fairly heavy, too even without batteries in it - seems like it's solidly made. It came with a set of AA's and no power supply which appears to be becoming the norm for a lot of devices-particularly lower end stuff.

Anyway, I was impressed by how little care I had to take to get a good signal into the unit. I routed a Record Out from my Peavey Tube Vypyr into the Lil Looper. The looper recorded flawlessly and getting correct start-stop loop points is easy. The second day I routed the Record Out to my Mackie mixer and used the send-return to the Lil Looper. The signal needless-to-say was a lot more robust but the looper handled it w/o any issues and it sounded flawless coming from my home PA speakers. I like the fact that I didn't have to mess around with experimentation getting looping levels set properly.

I then routed my electronic drum kit into and, again, had no issues.  Use of the second loop is a little confusing and I need to read the manual again to understand the workflow.

In fact, reading the manual is essential as there are a lot of "combo" button presses, etc. to access certain features.

Anyway, for $159 USD, the Vox Lil Looper is a good value, IMHO.

Regards, Paul