Re: Switching Echoloop VST Params Using Ableton Dummy Clips

Andy -

Please cue "You Can't Always Get What You Want." :)

Because I just got what I need !

You are of course correct that the Echoloop is responding to Pgm Changes,
but I could not see that - because the Preset Banks popup menu does not
update to show the current preset when it's being switched remotely !
(prolly worth a bugfix?)

Digging deeper for testing, i set up 16 distinct presets with Subcycle
values of 1,2,3,4,5 etc... and sending Pgm Changes 0-15 via direct MIDI
was in fact correctly updating params as stored in the presets for the VST.

So - halle-freaking-lujah, there is a way. What I *wanted* was a discrete
control for each param I want to change or hit, but upon inventory it's
clear the net of all those is under a dozen basic states for the VST. So,
the preset change works and accomplishes that - and I get what I need.

Thanks Andy, Per, Matthias, and everyone else who has suffered through
this thread with me :)

Phil