Re: Re: How often do you listen to your own music?

On 7/28/12 11:35 PM, Matthias Grob wrote:
I started looping to create a background for my exercises to cure my back pain and even a year later I kept saying that it was not music, just a sound carpet but when I came to Rio and played with Marcio Miranda, I felt it turned into music
and I started feeling the mission to cure people with it.
I played for therapy and even in hospital (which did not work out because too many different people needed too different music) and claimed that I was able to channel music for listeners but when my wife did not want me any more, I stayed for 3 days in my room looping and came out ready for new life. and when I wrote the manual for the LOOP delay, I added a chapter "self therapy"
http://www.livelooping.org/methods/playing-hints/#hint16
(which Gibson then did not adopt for the Echoplex, calling it "loop religion")
*I love hearing you tell this story, Matthias.

These are the spiritual origins of live looping and I'm so thankful that you made that journey
(whether Gibson put that chapter in the manual or not).

So much of that journey has impacted my life and music and I know the lives of countless other artists
in this movement.

love, respect and deep appreciation,

Rick Walker
*