Re: iPad for Live Looping?

I use Loopy, and find it rather intuitive.  It would be really hard to do more than 6 looping tracks on my iphone, though.  I like that you can turn on a flashing click so it doesn't add any sound to the loops i create with the phone's actual mic.

You might also check out Voicejam from TC-Helicon.  It uses a completely different sort of interface to create, layer, and mix the loops.

I've also been wondering about using an ipad or iphone/iPod Touch to control my macbook pro using Mobius, which would allow me to have the power of the macbook and the portability of the touchscreen.  But I'm worried about latency with this sort of setup.