Re: Flying with a guitar... or not

I don't dare to recommend anything except for investing in a real case
and check it in as "music instrument". Most flight companies offer a
luggage insurance as part of the ticket but such insurance is only
valid if the instrument is packed in a real case. "A real case" is one
with super tight foam that exactly matches the guitar so it can not
move inside, and the surface has to be close to unbreakable. A real
case cost about as much as a cheap guitar but it is worth it.

Another option is to not bring the guitar. After all it is a looping
festival and you can in fact use any audio source to perform your
looping. Many times I have brought a simple flute instead of my
precious guitar and I've seen great loopists simply pick any found
object in the venue to make sound with into a mic connected to looping
gear.

Here's a guitar travel trick I've used: Pack the guitar inside an
"insurance safe" tight-foam-case to check in. Bring a guitar soft-case
as your carry-on luggage but fill it up with non-instrument stuff like
extra clothes, tooth brush etc. After having safely landed at the gig
territory you may shift the content of the two items to be more
comfortable.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com