Re: Suggestion: the creation of a tape-themed mailing list

I recently reacquired my old tape recorders back so I could remix, resuscitate & at least digitally archive (without the 80's gated reverbs, crummy EQ etc ) some of my works of antiquity.
Need to get the machines back up to speed.  Need to bake the tapes.  I'd be interested in this.  Don't reckon it would be smart to use the same dehydrator we use for food!
I use old tape echoes too... and the newer Fulltone Tube Tape echo which I really love but isn't really relevant here I guess.

There is homerecording.com which is actually fairly informative.  Some pretty deep tape head denizens wander the deeper waters there.

I don't know how many of us are out there.  Plenty studios still use tape, but I'm not sure if they'd be interested.

There is a member here (on loopers) who archives for Getty Images (I think I have my groups correct).  He seems to know his stuff about the digital formats.  The best storage I've found so far is Drobo.  I have 10 TBs of storage now.  Waiting for HD costs to return to planet earth, then I'll add more.