Re: New discovery on EDP!!!

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:

 Is this similar to the phenomena you are experiencing with your EDP, Mark?
 Bill

Not really Bill, well a bit.. the thing with edp is that the UNDO is NOT like on a computer.. its not undo the last thing you did. Because if it was, then if you multipled a loop by 4, then hit undo, the EDP does not go back to the original loop, so no... you dont see what you did, but in reverse. If you undo a multiply, it wil instead peel back an undo layer of the whole 4 bars. This is the fundement of windowing...

Ahh so maybe I now see what you are saying Bill, maybe it is simerlar...

But try my thing on the LP1 or 2 Bill...??

1, shortloop
2, overdub... build up an unholy noise, maybe 8 or so layers...
3, multiply 8
4, undo...
5, see what happens!

If it goes back to short loop, unholy noise, then its not doing the same as EDP... more logical perhaps.. but absolutely NO FUN! If it lays you unholy noise out for you one layer after another, then yes... its EDP-ish... And lovely!

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094