Re: Looper's Delight offensive language policy (not)

Personal Philosophy (aka-rant) Dept:

Words of any kind have never really affected me all thatmuch, for better or worse, public or private. Or, at least I try to not let them do so, except for whenever words are used specifically and only for the purposes of unfairly and unjustifiably attacking or denigrating, or hurting someone or something, or to deceive or to be dishonest etc, whether those words were also laced with profanities, or not.   (Most politicians, especially Rethuglicans with their "values!" blah blah blah, are real "adept" and very experienced at doing this.)

It's only the intent and purpose that are important and if anyone gets "offended" by something...(wait for it...here comes the Zen)...it is only themselves that are allowing that to happen.
Better to just rise above the occasion and move on, at least in most cases.

For me personally, I just do not believe in being too hyper-sensitive and overly PC, and that too is only my personal opinion and viewpoint. But, that is also not a "license" to be some jackass and to make a calculated effort to try to "offend" someone, especially for only the purposes of doing so. However, I also think that trying to always be whatever(?) "perfect"
and / or "correct" etc are, can also have the possibility to eventually make someone nuts, or at least be way too much wound up inside too often, and that really cannot be to anyone's personal overall health benefit, IMO, along with how it may also resonate with others. I've encountered enough overly PC etc people before thru out the years and usually I ended up with having to get as far away from most of them as possible, even if their intentions may have been well placed (or perceived to be so?) at the time. Anyone can overdo anything,
for the better or for the worse. Trying to maintain Balance (along with personal sanity) here is at least one of the keys, IMO.

It's also just not how the Real World exists or operates and I certainly do not support any kind of suppression of speech of any kind in whatever way someone else chooses to express themselves or their opinions, etc, good or not so. That's them saying it and not me, and often, allowing someone to freely express themselves, for better or worse, can give a more clearer picture of that person's overall personality...or at least to maybe some degree. I'd rather have even an "opaque" picture of someone than one that was more kept in the dark.

If ever there's something that pops up that may bother me, I usually just hit "delete" or change the channel etc and move on and try to not allow it harsh my mellow for the day,
depending on what it is, of course. There are also sometimes some things that can even get my personal goat and cause a sour reaction within myself, but those are usually pretty rare
and I try to let (or make) them pass as soon as possible....if possible.

But ultimately, there are simply FAR MORE bigger and much more important, and also better things to focus on in today's crazy world here on Big Mama Earth.

Just my Jefferson head nickel's worth :-)

I have to go with Tyler on this one. I use plenty of profanity in day-to-day conversation, but on a public forum? It really isn't necessary. As people used to say about R.G. Letourneau, "that man can cuss me out harder than any man I know, and not say a single cuss word while doing it". It just seems to reflect a higher level of "musical integrity" by not stooping to profanity. My $.02 worth.
Rig