Re: City Lights Music Festival and its comparison to a loopfest

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Tyler <programmer651@comcast.net> wrote:
> Yes, before I even knew live looping
> existed, I LOVED Imogen! All the stuff I heard from her was in studio,
> and I thought it was
> prerecorded looping. I still have a hard time believing that Imogen used
> realtime.

Hi Tyler,

Maybe you're thinking about this acapella version of Just For Now?
http://youtu.be/tSvoacOAuz0

I can see on the video that she was using a mic going into a Repeater.
I too had a Repeater ten years ago. It is a machine that records on
the fly: one loop divided into four mono channels. So she typically
overdubs layered choir voices and handclaps into these four channels
of the loop to be able to fade them in and out during the song.

In the studio she composes and records with Logic.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen