Re: Octatrack vs Ableton Live quick help

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Anders Bergdahl
<anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The you have the more sample style recording used with what is called a
> "flex machine" with this you can record samples either freely or
> triggered
> by a sequencer step.

That's a really cool technique that I had in mind for years before
finally finding a way make it happen. My idea is to sample one note
and instantly have that note played back by a step sequencer as a
chord arpeggio. Then I use foot pedals to change pattern in the
sequencer to move through any chord change vamp while playing along.
Typically I use one pedal to sample a note and nine pedals for
different chords/sequence patterns/arpeggios. This was quite quirky to
set up in software and I assume it would be easier with the Octa.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen