Re: Live Looping on TV in Queens, NY

Excellent.  I'm in Manhattan, but don't have a TV set... :(

Yo cats 'n' kittens!
A little live looping tonight (Friday, Sept. 7th) on your television set. If you're in the area of Queens, New York, you can catch me on "Wes Houston Presents..." tonight at 8:00 pm, Channel 56 (Times Warner cable) or 36 (FIOS).
   I perform three pieces on guitar (with electronic drums and bass as
noted):
* The Long Dance - pulse-based (100 bpm) with electronic percussives, primarily in A major, somewhat in the tradition of Steve Reich * Georgia O'Keefe - languid pulse-based (48 bpm) with electronic percussives and bass, a shifting major-ish tonality, kind of Kind of Blue * The Myth of Perseus - non-pulsed waves, G major, somewhere between Steve Roach and Robert Fripp Between the music I talk with Wes about looping, kind of an introductury overview of my influences and how looping began. I'm currently slicing and dicing the video up into shorter clips that I hope to post on YouTube soon.

http://www.zmix.net

http://www.esession.com/ChuckZwicky

http://albumcredits.com/zmix