Re: Repetition

On Sep 10, 2012, at 9:00 AM, Sylvain Poitras wrote:

How then is repetition associated with boredom?

John Cage was "interested" in boredom.
Boredom is a pre-trance state of the shallow and limited intellectual aspects of mind, a reflex to circumstances and conditions,
So boredom is the verge of potential for "other" aspects of experiencing.

I view repetition in my music as functioning as a supportive drone with aleatoric possibilities rather than mere mechanical pattern reproduction.

BobC