Re: Repetition

Very interesting reading Sylvain, repetition has never been boring to
me, and is possibly one of the things that grabs me with looping. I
don't personally use boredom ( consciously) in my work, but enjoy
greatly watching repetitious or indeed monotonous musics. I dont feel
i have the courage often to do it, but admire greatly when artists
stretch the viewer and can apply retraint to change to subtle change
over long periods.
Drone music or ambient noise or improv can sometimes be physically
difficult to listen to, but often I find that I can really start to
listen deeply and can be lost in my own thoughts, making time seem to
speed up, in a way that a conventional but boring band playing 4
minute songs cannot.
I do find however that, for me, this only works live. Living in the
world of mp3 it's all too easy to skip instead of listening to the
whole thing as it was intended. For that reason, I generally only
listen to this music in my car, on cd.

mark

Sent from my (advertisement removed)