From: anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: @Anders, for the OT (I make it public so that anybody can learn more about the OT)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:59:37 +0000

See answers below, or attempts to anser ;)

From: simpliflying@gmail.com
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:48:55 +0000

Hello Anders!

I have three questions for you! :)

1) do you know if there are trusty, reliable video tutorial about the OT, starting from ZERO (for who just opened the package), and with the new OS?
In Synthopia I saw a video which drove me CRAZY till I realized "damn, wait, maybe it was made with an old OS". It was IMPOSSIBLE to reproduce what he was doing... :) And it was indeed made with the first OS!
ANDERS> Probably the tutorials from Elektron are the most reliable,. even if they are rather basic.. there are some other good ones but start with elektrons..

2) I see that the quick live usability could be a problem with all those menus and combinations of buttons. I wonder if it would not be possible to automatize some commands with a midi (foot or hand) controller, so that I can just push one button and the OT would execute a sequence of command without me having to open thousand menus.
ANDERS > Yes that should be possible.. i haven't felt the need myself..

3) Suppose that I have 4 tracks with 4 different samples, not too long, but not just one note. Something like "du-bi-da-bi-di-bu-pi-ram-pam-ta-ta-ta", just to say.
I want to be able to press the button corresponding to that track, and have the track playing only till I hold down the button. But I cannot. If I press one track button it will play till its end.
I want to be able to play with the tracks very quickly, deciding how long must play each one.
But even if I use the mute function, then when I unmute it will not start from the beginning, and I want to start from the beginning!
Is it possible?
Anders> Probably not exactly as you want it.. What I think you want is to be able to trigger a sample and have it sound just as long as you hold a button... you will come close by setting the octa in "live" mode (press stop and play and the red led by the "rec" buttom will flash). This way you can play chromatically (the default sample for a track will be played chromatically with the trig buttons or a keyboard.. in "live recording mode" the things you do will be recorded to the sequencer.. so IF you don't want to record but just trigger make sure to have the led by "rec" OFF (if its flashing push "rec" until it's off.. then puch FUNCTION+UP ARROW and chose "SLOTS" this way you can play the slots assigned to a track by pressing trig buttons, the first trig button will play first slot, second the second on so on.. this way you can "stutter" a sample by repeately pressing its trig button.. NOW all triggered samples will play to end or until you trigger an other slot.. so if you have a sample is SILENCE (a short is perhaps best) you could trigger  "du-bi-da-bi-di-bu-pi-ram-pam-ta-ta-ta" (say slot 1) and make it stop by pressing the "silent" slot.. so that way you can silence your sample when ever.. NOW there MIGHT be a simpler way...OOPS there is a simpler way just push any trig button that do not have a slot assigned (do not have a green led.. just tried, works, COOL)

>Sorry for confusing answer... need to walk the dog..

Thanks!

You are welcome