Re: Supatrigga plugin is causing noise

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Christoph Lehmann <krrrs@gmx.de> wrote:
> Per:
> I dont really understand how the "randomized clips" solution inside
> ableton is supposed to work.
> I know how to configure the follow actions but thats all. Can you
> explain it in more detail?

It's not a real-time live audio processing trick.

First, you need to put many loops as clips in many slots on a session
view track. Then apply set your follow actions of choice for each one
of them.

Even though it has to be many clips for the playback to randomly jump
between all these clips can in fact be the same recording, the same
audio file, the same loop. But the mega cool thing here is that you
may set very different playback parameters for each copy of the loop.
Try setting different pitch transposing according to different
algorithms, maybe reverse a couple of them etc etc.

And, as I said in the first post, if you set all clips to Legato Mode
the playback jumping around will keep the relative in-bar position.
Processing snippets this way is about the only thing I use Live for
these days (then render a longer file that I export into some other
application).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com